Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Tue February 26, 2013
Florida Dean Nominated For UAPB Chancellor Post
University of Arkansas System President Donald Bobbitt has nominated an associate dean from the University of Florida to serve as next chancellor of the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff.
Laurence Alexander now serves as associate dean of the graduate school and director of the Office of Minority Programs at Florida. If approved by the UA Board of Trustees, Alexander will begin his duties on July 1.
Alexander is a New Orleans native. He received a bachelor's degree in drama and communications from the University of New Orleans, a master's degree in journalism and communications from the University of Florida and a law degree from Tulane University. Alexander also holds a Ph.D. in higher education from
Florida State University.
Calvin Johnson now serves as UAPB's interim chancellor.