Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Tue February 26, 2013
Florida Dean Nominated For UAPB Chancellor Post
University of Arkansas System President Donald Bobbitt has nominated an associate dean from the University of Florida to serve as next chancellor of the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff.
Laurence Alexander now serves as associate dean of the graduate school and director of the Office of Minority Programs at Florida. If approved by the UA Board of Trustees, Alexander will begin his duties on July 1.
Alexander is a New Orleans native. He received a bachelor's degree in drama and communications from the University of New Orleans, a master's degree in journalism and communications from the University of Florida and a law degree from Tulane University. Alexander also holds a Ph.D. in higher education from
Florida State University.
Calvin Johnson now serves as UAPB's interim chancellor.