Most Active Stories
- Frank Lloyd Wright House Being Reassembled In NW Arkansas After Move
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- Three Accused Of Defrauding Arkansas Food Program For The Poor
- Attorney General-elect Rutledge Pleased Outgoing A.G. Appealing Same-Sex Marriage Ruling
- Daniel Black, Arkansas Author
Local & Regional News
Thu September 5, 2013
Food Preservation Takes Off in Washington County
The local food movement, comprised of individual and neighborhood gardens, has created renewed interest in food preservation.
Otherwise known as "canning," the practice of preserving goods like zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms and herbs has been reborn due to recent developments in sustainability. County agencies and extension officers are also working with residents on the art and science of perfecting preservation techniques.
KUAF's Jacqueline Froelich takes us to the Washington County Fair, where generations of farm families display their goods to reap rewards and praise.