Most Active Stories
- Documentary On Glen Campbell To Get Advance Screening In LR
- Arkansas Legislature Easily Passes School Employee Health Insurance, Prison, & Lottery Changes
- Watch Now: Candidates For Statewide Office Appear in Hot Springs
- As Ballot Deadline Nears, Medical Marijuana Comes Up Short, Minimum Wage Says They're Ready
- All Four Gubernatorial Candidates Debate in Hot Springs
Local & Regional News
Thu September 5, 2013
Food Preservation Takes Off in Washington County
The local food movement, comprised of individual and neighborhood gardens, has created renewed interest in food preservation.
Otherwise known as "canning," the practice of preserving goods like zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms and herbs has been reborn due to recent developments in sustainability. County agencies and extension officers are also working with residents on the art and science of perfecting preservation techniques.
KUAF's Jacqueline Froelich takes us to the Washington County Fair, where generations of farm families display their goods to reap rewards and praise.