Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Thu September 5, 2013
Food Preservation Takes Off in Washington County
The local food movement, comprised of individual and neighborhood gardens, has created renewed interest in food preservation.
Otherwise known as "canning," the practice of preserving goods like zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms and herbs has been reborn due to recent developments in sustainability. County agencies and extension officers are also working with residents on the art and science of perfecting preservation techniques.
KUAF's Jacqueline Froelich takes us to the Washington County Fair, where generations of farm families display their goods to reap rewards and praise.