Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
Local & Regional News
Thu September 5, 2013
Food Preservation Takes Off in Washington County
The local food movement, comprised of individual and neighborhood gardens, has created renewed interest in food preservation.
Otherwise known as "canning," the practice of preserving goods like zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms and herbs has been reborn due to recent developments in sustainability. County agencies and extension officers are also working with residents on the art and science of perfecting preservation techniques.
KUAF's Jacqueline Froelich takes us to the Washington County Fair, where generations of farm families display their goods to reap rewards and praise.