Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Fri April 26, 2013
Forecasters Call For Some Chance Of Hail And Damaging Winds Friday And Saturday
Some hail and damaging wind can be seen in the south east area of Arkansas Friday and Saturday.
Meteorologist Julie Lesko, with the National Weather Service, said, “We do expect showers and thunderstorms much of Friday and especially during the overnight hours into Saturday morning.”
“Best chance of anything severe in Arkansas will be Saturday afternoon and that is just chance of maybe larger hail and gustier wind but that mainly south of Little Rock area and south east Arkansas,” said Lesko.
Lesko says the low temperature of this weekend will be in the 40s and 50s with high in the 70s.
Forecasters say mostly sunny skies will be covering Arkansas starting Sunday into the beginning of next week.