Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Mon October 28, 2013
Forecasters Predict 'Torrential Rain' For Arkansas
The National Weather Service says severe storms are possible this week in Arkansas along with periods of "torrential rain."
Forecasters say significant rainfall is likely Wednesday and Thursday as a cold front moves through the state.
The weather service doesn't expect an outbreak of severe weather in Arkansas, but forecasters say 1 to 3 inches of rain are likely.
The weather service says the rain is expected to move east by the afternoon or early evening of Halloween. Forecasters predict sunny skies with highs in the low 70s on Friday.