Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
- What Survey Finds About The Economics Of Race In Pulaski County
- Interstate 49 To Run Through Western Arkansas, Connecting LA and MO
Around the Nation
Thu April 25, 2013
Forget Maple Syrup. Put Some Beer In The Mail
Originally published on Fri April 26, 2013 1:46 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep with news of a changing retail environment.
We've told you of a plan to let states collect sales tax from online retailers. Now we're on the way to an online bar. Vermont lawmakers are considering a bill to let brewers ship their beer directly to consumers. This proposal faces the concern that underage drinkers might order beer but wineries already do this. If the measure should pass, you could order a six-pack or maybe a keg by UPS.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.