Most Active Stories
- Parkour May Run, Flip, Dive And Slide Its Way Into Olympics
- Your Favorite Sites Will 'Slow Down' Today, For A Cause
- Zone 5 Candidates For Little Rock School Board On The Issues
- Library Director, Arts Community Advocate Jeff Baskin Dies
- Junior League Of Little Rock Offers New Office Space To Nonprofits
Local & Regional News
Wed December 11, 2013
Former Arkansas Legislator Jim Hill Dies At 74
Former Arkansas legislator Jim Hill died Wednesday at his home in the southwest Arkansas town of Nashville.
Hill, a Democrat, served in the state House from 1993 to 1996, then in the state Senate, including one year as the Senate president pro tempore during the 84th General Assembly.
In a statement, Governor Mike Beebe, who served alongside him in the legislature, said:
Jim Hill was a dear and trusted friend whose life was dedicated to service, be it as a United States Marine or as a member of the Arkansas General Assembly. Working alongside Jim for many years, I got to enjoy the dry wit that peppered his conversations and debates. It was a disarming trait that left smiles on the faces of friends and adversaries alike.
Hill had suffered from a lengthy illness. He was 74-years-old.