Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Local & Regional News
Wed December 4, 2013
Former Deputy To Be Sentenced In Prostitution Case
Sentencing for a former Garland County water patrol deputy who acknowledged making arrangements for a teenage prostitute is set for next week.
The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reports that 39-year-old Neil E. Parliment will appear before a federal judge in Texarkana for sentencing on Dec. 13.
Parliment acknowledged in July that he made arrangements for a 17-year-old girl to travel from Memphis, Tenn., to Hot Springs to engage in prostitution with men he lined up for her. Parliment also acknowledged he paid the girl to engage in sexual activity with him.
Parliment resigned from his position as sheriff's deputy assigned to the marine patrol on Lake Hamilton after his arrest.
He faces up to 20 years in prison. Authorities have said the girl was a foster-care runaway from Boston.