Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Wed December 4, 2013
Former Deputy To Be Sentenced In Prostitution Case
Sentencing for a former Garland County water patrol deputy who acknowledged making arrangements for a teenage prostitute is set for next week.
The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reports that 39-year-old Neil E. Parliment will appear before a federal judge in Texarkana for sentencing on Dec. 13.
Parliment acknowledged in July that he made arrangements for a 17-year-old girl to travel from Memphis, Tenn., to Hot Springs to engage in prostitution with men he lined up for her. Parliment also acknowledged he paid the girl to engage in sexual activity with him.
Parliment resigned from his position as sheriff's deputy assigned to the marine patrol on Lake Hamilton after his arrest.
He faces up to 20 years in prison. Authorities have said the girl was a foster-care runaway from Boston.