Most Active Stories
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Defense To Begin Presenting Its Side In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Old State House To Screen "A Face in the Crowd" - 1957 Movie Shot in Piggott, Ark.
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Former Treasurer Convicted Of Bribery, Extortion
Local & Regional News
Wed December 4, 2013
Former Deputy To Be Sentenced In Prostitution Case
Sentencing for a former Garland County water patrol deputy who acknowledged making arrangements for a teenage prostitute is set for next week.
The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reports that 39-year-old Neil E. Parliment will appear before a federal judge in Texarkana for sentencing on Dec. 13.
Parliment acknowledged in July that he made arrangements for a 17-year-old girl to travel from Memphis, Tenn., to Hot Springs to engage in prostitution with men he lined up for her. Parliment also acknowledged he paid the girl to engage in sexual activity with him.
Parliment resigned from his position as sheriff's deputy assigned to the marine patrol on Lake Hamilton after his arrest.
He faces up to 20 years in prison. Authorities have said the girl was a foster-care runaway from Boston.