Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Wed December 4, 2013
Former Deputy To Be Sentenced In Prostitution Case
Sentencing for a former Garland County water patrol deputy who acknowledged making arrangements for a teenage prostitute is set for next week.
The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reports that 39-year-old Neil E. Parliment will appear before a federal judge in Texarkana for sentencing on Dec. 13.
Parliment acknowledged in July that he made arrangements for a 17-year-old girl to travel from Memphis, Tenn., to Hot Springs to engage in prostitution with men he lined up for her. Parliment also acknowledged he paid the girl to engage in sexual activity with him.
Parliment resigned from his position as sheriff's deputy assigned to the marine patrol on Lake Hamilton after his arrest.
He faces up to 20 years in prison. Authorities have said the girl was a foster-care runaway from Boston.