Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Jeb Bush Coming To Little Rock
Mon January 28, 2013
Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush To Come To Arkansas
Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, who is considered a possible candidate for President in 2016, is the headliner of the School Choice reform rally and summit on Tuesday.
In conjunction with National School Choice Week, activists are pushing for a policy reform on the state’s education system.
Laurie Lee is the Executive Director of the Arkansas Reform Alliance said Arkansas can learn from Florida’s education system which Jeb Bush implemented.
“The best way to set policy in any state is to look what others have done good and bad. Take the good and leave the bad and learn from other people’s experience. It’s important to set our egos aside,” said Lee.
Jeb Bush was the 43rd Governor of Florida, who served from 1999 to 2007.
Teachers, administrators, business leaders, and policy makers are expected to attend as well. The rally is being held Tuesday at 9:15 am in the Rotunda of the state Capitol. The summitt is at the Capital Hotel in Little Rock.
To find the link the rally and summit, click here.