Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
Wed January 23, 2013
Former Pres. Clinton To Headline Fundraiser For Sen. Mark Pryor
The kickoff for Senator Mark Pryor’s re-election campaign is set for March 16th.
Former President Clinton is among political leaders expected to take part in the event in Little Rock.
Although the election is still a year and a half away, Pryor Campaign Manager Jeff Weaver said it is necessary to start early.
“You hate to start raising money this early, but you kind of have to. These races are very expensive to run,” said Weaver.
In addition to former President Clinton, Weaver says Governor Mike Beebe and former U.S. Senators Dale Bumpers and David Pryor will be at the fundraiser.
“We’re thrilled to have them. We’re glad that they are all able to make it,” Weaver said, “I think they add a lot of star power to the event that we’re going to have in March.”
There will be a dinner at the Peabody Hotel followed by events at the Statehouse Convention Center.
The Election is set for Nov. 4, 2014.