Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Thu December 19, 2013
Former President Clinton Touts Health Initiative In Little Rock
Former President Bill Clinton says business leaders can work with the health care industry to promote a healthier culture for people in central Arkansas.
Clinton was joined by University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Chancellor Dan Rahn and business leaders at a forum on how it will take cultural changes to bring about better health.
The former president likened getting people change to healthy eating and shed unhealthy habits to trying to turn the Titanic around.
Clinton Health Matters Initiative is taking a community approach to improving health by encouraging businesses to promote good health, as well as through health care providers.
Clinton praised the state's expansion of its Medicaid program to bring health insurance 200,000 more Arkansans.