Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Local & Regional News
Tue February 11, 2014
Former Sec. of State Condoleezza Rice to speak in Fayetteville
The University of Arkansas says former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice will speak next month at an event on campus.
Rice is scheduled to speak March 5 as part of the Distinguished Lecture Series at the University of Arkansas. The lecture will be held at Barnhill Arena and is free and open to the public.
UA says traffic may be an issue because the Razorbacks' men's basketball team is also playing at home that night, so doors to Barnhill Arena will open early at 5:30 p.m. for Rice's 7 p.m. speech.
Rice is a native of Birmingham, Ala. She served as secretary of state under President George W. Bush from 2005 to 2009. After that, Rice went to Stanford University, where she is now a professor of political science.