Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Tue February 11, 2014
Former Sec. of State Condoleezza Rice to speak in Fayetteville
The University of Arkansas says former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice will speak next month at an event on campus.
Rice is scheduled to speak March 5 as part of the Distinguished Lecture Series at the University of Arkansas. The lecture will be held at Barnhill Arena and is free and open to the public.
UA says traffic may be an issue because the Razorbacks' men's basketball team is also playing at home that night, so doors to Barnhill Arena will open early at 5:30 p.m. for Rice's 7 p.m. speech.
Rice is a native of Birmingham, Ala. She served as secretary of state under President George W. Bush from 2005 to 2009. After that, Rice went to Stanford University, where she is now a professor of political science.