Most Active Stories
- Benji Hardy Of The Arkansas Times On Rep. Justin Harris's "Rehomed" Daughters
- Winter Weather Closings For March 6, 2015
- Guns On Campus Bill Passes Arkansas House, Heads To Senate
- Arkansas Immigrants Prepare As President's Executive Orders Remain In Limbo
- Arkansas Lawmaker Plans To File Firing Squad Legislation
Local & Regional News
Fri June 6, 2014
Four Arkansas Airports Chosen For Federal Funding To Cover Upgrades
Four Arkansas airports will share in more than $3.1 million in funding being awarded by the Federal Aviation Administration for facility upgrades and expansion projects.
U.S. Sens. Mark Pryor and John Boozman and Reps. Tim Griffin and Steve Womack announced the funding on Friday.
The Bill and Hillary Clinton National/Adams Field Airport in Little Rock will receive $1.97 million to buy land for airport development; Springdale Municipal Airport will receive $678,060 to build an access road; Texarkana Regional-Webb Field will receive $391,211 to rehabilitate a runway; and Clinton Municipal Airport will get $150,694 to install new taxiway lighting.