Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Fresh Air Weekend
Sat June 15, 2013
Fresh Air Weekend: Rogen, Goldberg, '20 Feet From Stardom' And 'Much Ado'
Originally published on Sat June 15, 2013 10:25 am
Fresh Air Weekend highlights some of the best interviews and reviews from past weeks, and new program elements specially paced for weekends. Our weekend show emphasizes interviews with writers, filmmakers, actors and musicians, and often includes excerpts from live in-studio concerts. This week:
Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg: Friends 'Till 'The End': Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg met as adolescents on the Vancouver bar mitzvah circuit — and soon after began writing the script for what would become the movie Superbad. Their new project is This Is the End, a disaster-movie spoof in which the Rapture hits home in Hollywood.
'20 Feet From' The Spotlight, There's Singing Worthy Of One: A new documentary directed by Morgan Neville profiles backup singers whose voices you know but whose names you probably don't: Lisa Fischer, Darlene Love, Judith Hill and Merry Clayton.
Whedon's Touch Finds A Match With 'Much Ado': Sandwiched into Joss Whedon's busy schedule of TV series and big-screen features was an unexpected low-budget adaptation of Shakespeare's comedy Much Ado About Nothing — shot in black and white. Film critic David Edelstein says it's a delight.
You can listen to the original interviews here:
- Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg: Friends 'Till 'The End'
- '20 Feet From' The Spotlight, There's Singing Worthy Of One
- Whedon's Touch Finds A Match With 'Much Ado'