Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Local & Regional News
Wed June 5, 2013
Funeral Set For Wildlife Officer Killed In Floods
Funeral services have been scheduled for an Arkansas Game and Fish Commission wildlife officer who died while trying to help rescue two women from rising floodwaters.
Commission spokesman Keith Stephens said in a Wednesday news release that services for Wildlife Officer 1st Class Joel Campora will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the Waldron High School football field. Stephens says Game and Fish Commission commissioners plan to attend the service.
Campora died alongside Scott County Sheriff Cody Carpenter last Friday while trying to save the women from flash floods.
Services for Carpenter were Wednesday at the Waldron High School football field.