Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
Local & Regional News
Fri June 14, 2013
Garland County Deputy Arrested On Prostitution Charge
Federal authorities say a Garland County deputy sheriff has been arrested on a prostitution-related charge.
U.S. Attorney Conner Eldridge and FBI Special Agent in Charge Randall Coleman announced Friday that Deputy Neil Parliment was arrested Thursday night on a charge of enticing an individual to engage in prostitution.
Online jail records show Parliment is being held without bond in the Union County Jail in El Dorado.
Prosecutors accuse Parliment of bringing a prostitute from Memphis, Tenn., to Hot Springs to have sex for money.
The Garland County Sheriff's Office issued a statement saying Parliment is suspended without pay and declining further comment.
It wasn't immediately clear whether Parliment had an attorney.