Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Fri June 14, 2013
Garland County Deputy Arrested On Prostitution Charge
Federal authorities say a Garland County deputy sheriff has been arrested on a prostitution-related charge.
U.S. Attorney Conner Eldridge and FBI Special Agent in Charge Randall Coleman announced Friday that Deputy Neil Parliment was arrested Thursday night on a charge of enticing an individual to engage in prostitution.
Online jail records show Parliment is being held without bond in the Union County Jail in El Dorado.
Prosecutors accuse Parliment of bringing a prostitute from Memphis, Tenn., to Hot Springs to have sex for money.
The Garland County Sheriff's Office issued a statement saying Parliment is suspended without pay and declining further comment.
It wasn't immediately clear whether Parliment had an attorney.