Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Mon May 20, 2013
Germany May Have Paid A Price For Its Financial Power
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Germany paid a price for asserting its financial power. Germans, more than others, had to finance bailouts for countries like Greece, and imposed austerity measures in return. Those who disapprove may have struck back. People across the continent and beyond watched the Eurovision song contest.
The audience votes on the winner, and acts from Denmark won this year. But the German entry finished near the bottom, with most countries giving the Germans no points at all. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.