Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Mon December 30, 2013
Giraffe Dies in Fight at Little Rock Zoo
Little Rock Zoo officials say a giraffe named Jigsaw died after a weekend fight with another giraffe, named Mesi.. The body was taken to the state Livestock and Poultry Commission for examination. Jigsaw was 13 years old and had lived its entire life at the Little Rock Zoo.
Officials say Mesi was able to open a gate separating the two animals.The zoo said it was talking to the Species Survival Plan about what action to take in its giraffe program. Mesi did not suffer any major injuries. The surviving giraffe remains at the zoo.