Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Mon July 1, 2013
Girl, 6, Found Unresponsive At Lake Norfork Dies
The Baxter County Sheriff's Office says a 6-year-old Mountain Home girl has died after she was found submerged in Lake Norfork.
Sheriff John Montgomery says Frankie Lyn Tollen was found unresponsive Sunday afternoon in the Cranfield area of Lake Norfork.
The sheriff says the girl was pulled from the water and an off-duty emergency room employee who was at the beach performed CPR.
The girl was taken to a Mountain Home hospital, then transferred to Arkansas Children's Hospital in Little Rock.
Montgomery says Frankie died at 5:45 a.m. Monday.
The sheriff says relatives began looking for the girl after she didn't return after visiting the restroom. She was found submerged in about 5 feet of water at the Cranfield swimming area.