Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Tue June 4, 2013
Gov. Beebe: Flags To Fly At Half-Staff For Sheriff
Gov. Mike Beebe is ordering Arkansas flags to be flown at half-staff to honor a sheriff who died while attempting a water rescue during flash flooding last week.
Beebe said Tuesday that flags will be flown at half-staff Wednesday to honor Scott County Sheriff Cody Carpenter of Waldron.
Carpenter died alongside Arkansas Game and Fish Wildlife Officer Joel Campora on Friday while trying to save two women from flash floods.
Carpenter was 41. He is survived by a wife and four children.
The governor says Arkansans owe Carpenter a debt of gratitude for his bravery and heroism.