Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Local & Regional News
Fri August 16, 2013
Governor Beebe Declares 6 Arkansas Counties Disaster Areas
Gov. Mike Beebe has declared six counties disaster areas following recent floods and storms in north Arkansas.
Beebe on Friday declared Benton, Boone, Carroll, Madison, Marion and Newton counties state disaster areas due to damage caused by severe storms and flooding over the past week.
The governor's office says teams of federal, state and local officials will begin formal assessment work on Monday.
They will determine whether Arkansas may qualify for federal disaster assistance when those assessments are complete.