Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Local & Regional News
Fri August 16, 2013
Governor Beebe Declares 6 Arkansas Counties Disaster Areas
Gov. Mike Beebe has declared six counties disaster areas following recent floods and storms in north Arkansas.
Beebe on Friday declared Benton, Boone, Carroll, Madison, Marion and Newton counties state disaster areas due to damage caused by severe storms and flooding over the past week.
The governor's office says teams of federal, state and local officials will begin formal assessment work on Monday.
They will determine whether Arkansas may qualify for federal disaster assistance when those assessments are complete.