Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
- What Survey Finds About The Economics Of Race In Pulaski County
Local & Regional News
Fri August 16, 2013
Governor Beebe Declares 6 Arkansas Counties Disaster Areas
Gov. Mike Beebe has declared six counties disaster areas following recent floods and storms in north Arkansas.
Beebe on Friday declared Benton, Boone, Carroll, Madison, Marion and Newton counties state disaster areas due to damage caused by severe storms and flooding over the past week.
The governor's office says teams of federal, state and local officials will begin formal assessment work on Monday.
They will determine whether Arkansas may qualify for federal disaster assistance when those assessments are complete.