Most Active Stories
- Guns On Campus Bill Passes Arkansas House, Heads To Senate
- Arkansas Lawmaker Plans To File Firing Squad Legislation
- Arkansas Immigrants Prepare As President's Executive Orders Remain In Limbo
- Hutchinson Names Johnny Key Education Head, Asks Leg. To Change Requirements
- Arkansas AG Testifies In Washington Against Proposed EPA Regulations
International Event In Little Rock
Fri December 14, 2012
Governor Beebe Proud To Host Back-To-Back International Events In Little Rock
Starting Mon, Dec. 17 through Tuesday, Dec.18, Little Rock is hosting the world’s largest annual forum of former democratic heads of state, Club de Madrid.
More than 40 former leaders will attend the event.
Governor Mike Beebe, in his weekly radio address over the weekend, said he is proud of Arkansas’ achievements in getting recognition from people around the world.
“Meetings like this usually happen in larger cities like New York or Chicago. The fact that Little Rock was able to attract back-to-back meetings of this caliber is no small feat. White the Clintons’ influence certainly factored into locating the meetings here, Arkansas was selected in the end because it is increasingly viewed as a favorable destination,” said Beebe.
In October, foreign ambassadors from 43 countries visited Arkansas through the U.S. State Department’s program, “Experience America.”
Beebe hopes the visitors will also appreciate the beauty of the Natural State and the hospitality of Arkansans.