Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Sat May 25, 2013
Governor Beebe's Weekly Radio Address Focuses On Veterans
Governor Mike Beebe asks Arkansans this Memorial Day weekend, to remember those that have died in service to our country.
In his weekly radio address, the governor acknowledges the problems with veteran health care in this country.
He says the Arkansas Department of Veteran Affairs, led by Colonel Cissy Rucker, is working to improve the care and services offered to veterans.
"The State is considering a new veterans home for Little Rock. Lawmakers created a task force to study this possibility. The task force will work with the Department of Veterans Affairs to determine if and when a new home will be built," said Beebe.
In 2011 there were more than 400 homeless veterans across the state. Governor Beebe says that research will help the government better address the needs of mentally and physically injured personnel.