Most Active Stories
Local & Regional News
Thu June 6, 2013
Grand Jury Indicts 6 In Arkansas For Armed Robberies
A federal grand jury has indicted six defendants that prosecutors say are responsible for 7 percent of the armed robberies in the Little Rock metropolitan area last year.
U.S. Attorney Chris Thyer on Wednesday announced the 27-count indictment against the crew, which he says is responsible for a string of armed robberies of fast food restaurants, gas stations and other businesses in the central Arkansas area during the past year.
The counts include conspiracy to interfere and interference with commerce by robbery and possession of a firearm in furtherance of a crime of violence. If convicted, they face up to 20 years in prison and up to a $250,000 fine.
Thyer said the defendants are also suspects in at least three dozen additional armed robberies that remain under investigation.