Most Active Stories
- Vietnam War Project To Collect Stories Of Arkansas Veterans
- Little Rock Apartment Complex Found To Discriminate Against Latinos
- Little Rock School Board Discusses Plans to Restructure Schools And Raise Funds
- State House Race Heats Up Over Records Search Regarding Four-Year-Old
- AG Candidate Steel Gives Legislative Agenda, Rutledge Criticizes Sex Offender Vote
Local & Regional News
Thu October 3, 2013
Greers Ferry Dam To Mark 50th Anniversary
Former President Bill Clinton is to top the list of speakers at an event marking the 50th anniversary of the dedication of the Greers Ferry Dam.
The event begins at 11:30 a.m. Thursday and is expected to draw a large crowd. The Heber Springs Area Chamber of Commerce says an overflow parking lot will be opened at 9:30 a.m.
It's been 50 years since President John F. Kennedy stood at the dam and praised the programs of President Franklin Roosevelt as a way of bringing prosperity to the nation.
The dedication was one of Kennedy's last public appearances before his assassination in Dallas the following month.
The dam on the Little Red River is a popular recreation spot.
Click here for more information.