Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Thu October 3, 2013
Greers Ferry Dam To Mark 50th Anniversary
Former President Bill Clinton is to top the list of speakers at an event marking the 50th anniversary of the dedication of the Greers Ferry Dam.
The event begins at 11:30 a.m. Thursday and is expected to draw a large crowd. The Heber Springs Area Chamber of Commerce says an overflow parking lot will be opened at 9:30 a.m.
It's been 50 years since President John F. Kennedy stood at the dam and praised the programs of President Franklin Roosevelt as a way of bringing prosperity to the nation.
The dedication was one of Kennedy's last public appearances before his assassination in Dallas the following month.
The dam on the Little Red River is a popular recreation spot.
Click here for more information.