Most Active Stories
- Hundreds Turn Out For Dedication Of Johnny Cash Boyhood Home
- Vietnam War Project To Collect Stories Of Arkansas Veterans
- Little Rock Apartment Complex Found To Discriminate Against Latinos
- AG Candidate Steel Gives Legislative Agenda, Rutledge Criticizes Sex Offender Vote
- AARP Survey Shows Long-Term Care Key Issue in Arkansas Gubernatorial Race
Local & Regional News
Wed May 8, 2013
Group Asks To Intervene In Arkansas Abortion Case
An anti-abortion counseling organization in Arkansas is asking to intervene in the federal case over a state law that bans most abortions 12 weeks into a pregnancy.
Attorneys for Concepts of Truth, Inc. asked a federal judge to intervene as a defendant in the lawsuit challenging the new abortion restriction.
The Wynne-based organization provides counseling to pregnant women who are considering having an abortion and says it operates a national call center to counsel women who have had the procedure.
The American Civil Liberties Union of Arkansas and the Center for Reproductive Rights sued the state over the ban last month.
The groups filed the suit on behalf of Dr. Louis Jerry Edwards and Dr. Tom Tvedten, who provide abortions at a Little Rock clinic.