Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Wed May 8, 2013
Group Asks To Intervene In Arkansas Abortion Case
An anti-abortion counseling organization in Arkansas is asking to intervene in the federal case over a state law that bans most abortions 12 weeks into a pregnancy.
Attorneys for Concepts of Truth, Inc. asked a federal judge to intervene as a defendant in the lawsuit challenging the new abortion restriction.
The Wynne-based organization provides counseling to pregnant women who are considering having an abortion and says it operates a national call center to counsel women who have had the procedure.
The American Civil Liberties Union of Arkansas and the Center for Reproductive Rights sued the state over the ban last month.
The groups filed the suit on behalf of Dr. Louis Jerry Edwards and Dr. Tom Tvedten, who provide abortions at a Little Rock clinic.