Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
Local & Regional News
Wed May 8, 2013
Group Asks To Intervene In Arkansas Abortion Case
An anti-abortion counseling organization in Arkansas is asking to intervene in the federal case over a state law that bans most abortions 12 weeks into a pregnancy.
Attorneys for Concepts of Truth, Inc. asked a federal judge to intervene as a defendant in the lawsuit challenging the new abortion restriction.
The Wynne-based organization provides counseling to pregnant women who are considering having an abortion and says it operates a national call center to counsel women who have had the procedure.
The American Civil Liberties Union of Arkansas and the Center for Reproductive Rights sued the state over the ban last month.
The groups filed the suit on behalf of Dr. Louis Jerry Edwards and Dr. Tom Tvedten, who provide abortions at a Little Rock clinic.