Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Oil Spill Meeting
Fri April 26, 2013
Group Plans Meeting On Mayflower Oil Spill
A group that's critical of the oil spill in central Arkansas from an ExxonMobil pipeline is holding a meeting to mark the one-month anniversary of the accident.
The group Arkansans Concerned about Oil Pipelines is to gather at 6 p.m. Monday at Pearce Park in Mayflower.
Thousands of gallons of oil spilled into a cove off Lake Conway and more than 20 homes had to be evacuated.
Environmental testing has shown no oil has leaked into Lake Conway, but hazardous fumes have been registered in the evacuated area, where the cleanup continues.