Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Oil Spill Meeting
Fri April 26, 2013
Group Plans Meeting On Mayflower Oil Spill
A group that's critical of the oil spill in central Arkansas from an ExxonMobil pipeline is holding a meeting to mark the one-month anniversary of the accident.
The group Arkansans Concerned about Oil Pipelines is to gather at 6 p.m. Monday at Pearce Park in Mayflower.
Thousands of gallons of oil spilled into a cove off Lake Conway and more than 20 homes had to be evacuated.
Environmental testing has shown no oil has leaked into Lake Conway, but hazardous fumes have been registered in the evacuated area, where the cleanup continues.