Most Active Stories
- Poll On Arkansas Ballot Issues Shows Mixed Results
- Arkansas Supreme Court Clears Way For Alcohol Ballot Measure
- National Analysts Weigh In On Arkansas Governor And Senate Races
- Event Celebrates Life Of Poet & Author Maya Angelou In SW Arkansas
- Federal Judge Sets Hearing On Arkansas Same-Sex Marriage Case
Local & Regional News
Fri June 14, 2013
Gun Control Group To Hold Rally In Little Rock
A gun control group is holding a rally in Little Rock to urge U.S. Sen. Mark Pryor to take another look at a measure expanding background checks for firearm sales.
Mayors Against Illegal Guns, a group co-founded by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, is holding the rally Friday at Allsopp Park.
The event comes as the group is airing ads in Arkansas criticizing Pryor for voting against the background checks measure.
The rally will feature survivors of gun violence. Pryor, a Democrat, has defended the vote and says a competing measure he voted for would have done more to address gun violence.
Pryor has also criticized the group for its TV ad invoking the 2008 shooting death of Arkansas's former state Democratic Party Chairman Bill Gwatney.