Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
Local & Regional News
Fri June 14, 2013
Gun Control Group To Hold Rally In Little Rock
A gun control group is holding a rally in Little Rock to urge U.S. Sen. Mark Pryor to take another look at a measure expanding background checks for firearm sales.
Mayors Against Illegal Guns, a group co-founded by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, is holding the rally Friday at Allsopp Park.
The event comes as the group is airing ads in Arkansas criticizing Pryor for voting against the background checks measure.
The rally will feature survivors of gun violence. Pryor, a Democrat, has defended the vote and says a competing measure he voted for would have done more to address gun violence.
Pryor has also criticized the group for its TV ad invoking the 2008 shooting death of Arkansas's former state Democratic Party Chairman Bill Gwatney.