Most Active Stories
- Hundreds Turn Out For Dedication Of Johnny Cash Boyhood Home
- Report Claims Arkansas Natural Gas Wells Illegally Fracking With Diesel Fuel
- Attorney General Candidate Nate Steel Distinguishes Himself From Opponents
- Johnny Cash's Boyhood Home In Arkansas To Open This Weekend
- 'Game-Changing' Initiative Could Drastically Cut Water Usage For Farming
Local & Regional News
Fri October 18, 2013
Harding Student Dies In Collision With Patrol Car
Authorities say a Harding University graduate student was killed after she was struck by a patrol car driven by a White County sheriff's deputy.
The White County Sheriff's Office says 24-year-old Courtney Book was riding her bicycle Thursday night when she was struck by a patrol car driven by Lt. Brandon Grimes. A spokesman for Harding says Book was a graduate student in the college of education.
The Daily Citizen reports Book had been a Harding student since 2008, earning an undergraduate degree in history in 2012.
White County Chief Deputy Phillip Miller says the collision is being investigated by Arkansas State Police. He says it appears to be an accident, and the sheriff's department doesn't anticipate taking any personnel action against Grimes.