Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Notes on Music
Wed April 9, 2014
Harry S. Truman: "Music" Is His Middle Name?
A few composers are usually referred to by one or more of their initials, such as J.S. Bach or his son, C.P.E. Bach. In these cases, the initials stand for actual names.
It’s interesting that in the case of President Harry S. Truman, the “S” actually stood only for itself as an initial with no name represented. His musical connection? He enjoyed playing the piano.