Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
Around the Nation
Thu October 10, 2013
Hawaiian Company Adds Spam Flavored Macadamia Nuts
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene.
Spam brings two things to mind: unwanted email or that gelatinous pre-cooked meat product you find at the store. Well, some people would rather see both in the trash. But many people like eating Spam and now there's a new way to do it. The Hamakua Macadamia Nut Company has a new flavor: Spam. The flavoring is meat free. Good news for any Spam-loving vegetarians who might be out there. The president of the Hawaii company, Richard Schnitzler, said Spam has a cult following in his state.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.