Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Fri August 30, 2013
Hearing Set For Arkansas Man Accused Of Killing Girl
An Arkansas man accused of killing his 6-year-old neighbor is due in court for a mental evaluation status hearing.
Zachary Holly's hearing is slated to get underway Friday morning in Bentonville. He was previously scheduled to have the hearing last month, but a judge pushed that court date back because a mental evaluation report about Holly wasn't finished.
Holly has pleaded not guilty to capital murder, rape, kidnapping and residential burglary in the November death of 6-year-old Jersey Bridgeman in the northwest Arkansas city of Bentonville.
The young girl's death ended a short life marred by abuse. Her father and stepmother were sentenced to prison after being convicted of chaining her to a dresser in 2011.
Prosecutors have said they're seeking the death penalty for Holly.