Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Fri August 30, 2013
Hearing Set For Arkansas Man Accused Of Killing Girl
An Arkansas man accused of killing his 6-year-old neighbor is due in court for a mental evaluation status hearing.
Zachary Holly's hearing is slated to get underway Friday morning in Bentonville. He was previously scheduled to have the hearing last month, but a judge pushed that court date back because a mental evaluation report about Holly wasn't finished.
Holly has pleaded not guilty to capital murder, rape, kidnapping and residential burglary in the November death of 6-year-old Jersey Bridgeman in the northwest Arkansas city of Bentonville.
The young girl's death ended a short life marred by abuse. Her father and stepmother were sentenced to prison after being convicted of chaining her to a dresser in 2011.
Prosecutors have said they're seeking the death penalty for Holly.