Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Local & Regional News
Thu July 25, 2013
Hearing Set On Health Overhaul In Arkansas
Arkansas legislators are to hear from state officials about putting elements of the federal health overhaul in place in Arkansas.
The Public Health Committee is to meet at 1 p.m. Thursday to discuss plans for open enrollment.
The state is expanding health insurance coverage to about 500,000 more people who are to be insured through an insurance exchange.
Insurance Commissioner Jay Bradford is to discuss his receipt of letters from five companies who intend to offer plans in the insurance exchange.
Department of Human Services Director John Selig is also on the agenda to discuss case management within the state Medicaid program.