Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Thu July 25, 2013
Hearing Set On Health Overhaul In Arkansas
Arkansas legislators are to hear from state officials about putting elements of the federal health overhaul in place in Arkansas.
The Public Health Committee is to meet at 1 p.m. Thursday to discuss plans for open enrollment.
The state is expanding health insurance coverage to about 500,000 more people who are to be insured through an insurance exchange.
Insurance Commissioner Jay Bradford is to discuss his receipt of letters from five companies who intend to offer plans in the insurance exchange.
Department of Human Services Director John Selig is also on the agenda to discuss case management within the state Medicaid program.