Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
Local & Regional News
Thu July 25, 2013
Hearing Set On Health Overhaul In Arkansas
Arkansas legislators are to hear from state officials about putting elements of the federal health overhaul in place in Arkansas.
The Public Health Committee is to meet at 1 p.m. Thursday to discuss plans for open enrollment.
The state is expanding health insurance coverage to about 500,000 more people who are to be insured through an insurance exchange.
Insurance Commissioner Jay Bradford is to discuss his receipt of letters from five companies who intend to offer plans in the insurance exchange.
Department of Human Services Director John Selig is also on the agenda to discuss case management within the state Medicaid program.