Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
Local & Regional News
Thu February 20, 2014
Heber Springs Mayor To Challenge 1st District Congressman Crawford
The mayor of Heber Springs says he will challenge a Republican congressman in the upcoming election.
Mayor Jackie McPherson said Thursday he will run against Rick Crawford for the 1st Congressional District seat in eastern Arkansas.
McPherson is a Democrat and cited Congress' lack of bipartisanship as one of his reasons running for the seat.
McPherson has been the mayor of Heber Springs for six years and previously served on the city's council for 12 years. He and his wife Vicki have three children.
Crawford is in his second term in the U.S. House. He once proposed a surtax on millionaires in exchange for Congress passing a balanced budget amendment.