Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Mon May 13, 2013
Helena, Pulaski Co. Districts Continue In Distress
The Helena-West Helena and Pulaski County school districts are to continue under state control.
The state Education Board approved separate measures on Monday to keep the districts under the label of fiscal distress.
The board also approved appointment by Education Commissioner Tom Kimbrell of community advisory boards for each of the districts.
Both districts were credited with making progress but the Education Department said each has remaining issues that need to be resolved.
The districts will remain under state control for the 2013-2014 school year.
Also Monday, the panel agreed to remove the Drew Central School District from the fiscal distress list.