Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Local & Regional News
Fri December 6, 2013
Highway Report for Friday Afternoon and Prediction for Saturday Morning
Ice, sleet, and snow have been affecting roadways in the state but so far there have not been any major accidents, delays, or closings.
David Nillis with the Highway Department said, “There have been some fender benders out there, nothing that has blocked any of the major arteries or that is blocking the travel lanes. We just encourage people to drive slowly and keep plenty of distance between you and the vehicle and front. Overall, we’ve had a pretty, pretty good day on the roadways.”
Nillis cautioned road conditions will change as temperatures drop Friday evening. “We just have to be careful tonight as temperatures get much lower. With the drop in temperatures all of this that’s water or slush now will refreeze and turn to ice so it could but pretty dangerous in the morning,” said Nillis.
While no major accidents have occurred a state trooper was injured early Friday morning when his vehicle was struck eastbound on I-40 near the White River.