Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Tue October 29, 2013
Hill, Reynolds Announce Congressional Bids
A Little Rock banking executive and a retired Army colonel from Conway say they're running for the central Arkansas congressional seat being vacated by Republican U.S. Rep. Tim Griffin.
Delta Trust & Banking Corp. Founder French Hill and retired Col. Conrad Reynolds announced Tuesday they're seeking the Republican nomination for the 2nd Congressional District next year.
They're the first Republican candidates to announce since Griffin said last week he wouldn't seek a third term.
Hill founded Delta Trust & Banking Corp. in 1999, and is its chairman and chief executive officer.
Reynolds ran unsuccessfully for the GOP nomination for the U.S. Senate in 2010.
Former North Little Rock Mayor Pat Hays announced last week he was seeking the Democratic nomination for Griffin's seat.
State Rep. Ann Clemmer is expected to announce Wednesday whether she'll run for the GOP nomination.