Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
Around the Nation
Tue May 14, 2013
Hipsters Singled Out For Being Annoying
Originally published on Tue May 14, 2013 12:19 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Hipsters: They're known for roasting their own coffee, riding vintage bicycles, listening to vinyl records from obscure bands, and now also for being unpopular. A new report from Public Policy Polling finds only 16 percent of Americans think hipsters are still hip. More than a quarter of those polled said hipsters should have to pay a special tax for being so annoying.
Hipsters: uncool, misunderstood, pushed to the fringe. Really? It's like they wrote the report. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.