Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Local & Regional News
Tue April 15, 2014
Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
The Chi family of Little Rock is announcing it will turn the century-old Boyle Building at the corner of Main Street and Capitol Avenue into an Aloft Hotel.
The family already owns two hotels and several restaurants in Little Rock.
David Robinson, one of the partners for Main Street Lofts who until recently was the owner of Boyle Building, said the Chi Hotel Group purchased the building for $4.6 million.
“Chi development group is a strong partner for us. We’re building 70 lofts apartments, including space for the Arkansas Symphony, Arkansas Rep, Ballet Arkansas, among other artists and institutions,” Robinson said.
“The city itself has a demand for more hotels in downtown. This will be the first hotel in a hundred years that will be located on Main Street,” said Robinson, who is excited for the development.
He said the hotel will offer a panoramic view and rooftop bar.
The Boyle Building was built in 1909 and has been empty for over 20 years.