Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Supreme Court Clears Way For Alcohol Ballot Measure
- Poll On Arkansas Ballot Issues Shows Mixed Results
- Event Celebrates Life Of Poet & Author Maya Angelou In SW Arkansas
- National Analysts Weigh In On Arkansas Governor And Senate Races
- Federal Judge Sets Hearing On Arkansas Same-Sex Marriage Case
Local & Regional News
Thu May 23, 2013
Historic Hotel In Downtown Little Rock Upgrading
The historic Albert Pike Hotel in downtown Little Rock is about to get a bath.
Owners of the building said Wednesday that a $6 million renovation is planned for the structure that was built in 1929.
Included is a cleaning of the exterior of the building, which will give it a brighter appearance.
The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reports that BSR Trust LLC, which owns the hotel, will sustain the building's appearance because of its historic status.
Attorney for the trust, Dan Oberste, says owners are benefiting from tax credits for maintaining the building as it originally looked.
About 130 people live in subsidized units in the property.
Apartments will get new appliances, cabinets and other upgrades.
The ornate lobby will be painted and freshened.