Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
Local & Regional News
Thu May 23, 2013
Historic Hotel In Downtown Little Rock Upgrading
The historic Albert Pike Hotel in downtown Little Rock is about to get a bath.
Owners of the building said Wednesday that a $6 million renovation is planned for the structure that was built in 1929.
Included is a cleaning of the exterior of the building, which will give it a brighter appearance.
The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reports that BSR Trust LLC, which owns the hotel, will sustain the building's appearance because of its historic status.
Attorney for the trust, Dan Oberste, says owners are benefiting from tax credits for maintaining the building as it originally looked.
About 130 people live in subsidized units in the property.
Apartments will get new appliances, cabinets and other upgrades.
The ornate lobby will be painted and freshened.