Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Note On Music
Thu March 28, 2013
A homophone is a word that is pronounced the same as another word but differs in meaning and spelling, such as “ate”, as having eaten, and “eight”, a number.
“Homo” means “same” and the term is used in music which is said to be homophonic, or that which uses different tones, as with different homophonic words, simultaneously to create one chordal sound.