Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
Note On Music
Thu March 28, 2013
A homophone is a word that is pronounced the same as another word but differs in meaning and spelling, such as “ate”, as having eaten, and “eight”, a number.
“Homo” means “same” and the term is used in music which is said to be homophonic, or that which uses different tones, as with different homophonic words, simultaneously to create one chordal sound.