Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Note On Music
Thu March 28, 2013
A homophone is a word that is pronounced the same as another word but differs in meaning and spelling, such as “ate”, as having eaten, and “eight”, a number.
“Homo” means “same” and the term is used in music which is said to be homophonic, or that which uses different tones, as with different homophonic words, simultaneously to create one chordal sound.