Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Local & Regional News
Fri June 28, 2013
Hospital Merger Talks Off In Hot Springs
Two health care companies have ended talks about the prospect of merging two Hot Springs hospitals.
Capella Healthcare of Franklin, Tennessee and Mercy Health of Chesterfield, Missouri said Thursday that talks are no longer taking place about merging National Park Medical Center and Mercy Hot Springs.
Arkansas Business reports reports that the talks had gone on for more than a year and would have brought the facilities under Capella's ownership.
An asset purchase agreement expires this week. The Catholic Church had to approve any deal because of its connection to Mercy Health.