Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Fri June 28, 2013
Hospital Merger Talks Off In Hot Springs
Two health care companies have ended talks about the prospect of merging two Hot Springs hospitals.
Capella Healthcare of Franklin, Tennessee and Mercy Health of Chesterfield, Missouri said Thursday that talks are no longer taking place about merging National Park Medical Center and Mercy Hot Springs.
Arkansas Business reports reports that the talks had gone on for more than a year and would have brought the facilities under Capella's ownership.
An asset purchase agreement expires this week. The Catholic Church had to approve any deal because of its connection to Mercy Health.