Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
- What Survey Finds About The Economics Of Race In Pulaski County
- Interstate 49 To Run Through Western Arkansas, Connecting LA and MO
Local & Regional News
Fri June 28, 2013
Hospital Merger Talks Off In Hot Springs
Two health care companies have ended talks about the prospect of merging two Hot Springs hospitals.
Capella Healthcare of Franklin, Tennessee and Mercy Health of Chesterfield, Missouri said Thursday that talks are no longer taking place about merging National Park Medical Center and Mercy Hot Springs.
Arkansas Business reports reports that the talks had gone on for more than a year and would have brought the facilities under Capella's ownership.
An asset purchase agreement expires this week. The Catholic Church had to approve any deal because of its connection to Mercy Health.