Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
Thu December 27, 2012
Hundreds Of Thousands Still Without Power After Christmas Snow
About 130,000 Entergy Arkansas customers still are without power in Central Arkansas with the majority of those in the Little Rock area.
Including Entergy and other power networks in the state, a total of about 200,000 electricity customers still don't have power in the state.
Roads are also an issue. Randy Ort of the Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department says to stay off the roadways if at all possible, but if you must travel, it's best to stick to main roads and interstates. Sally Graham of Entergy Arkansas says the power utitilty has requested an aditional 4,000 personel to aid in power restoration efforts, but they still are estimating it will be up to a week longer for some customers to have power turned back on.