Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Thu December 27, 2012
Hundreds Of Thousands Still Without Power After Christmas Snow
About 130,000 Entergy Arkansas customers still are without power in Central Arkansas with the majority of those in the Little Rock area.
Including Entergy and other power networks in the state, a total of about 200,000 electricity customers still don't have power in the state.
Roads are also an issue. Randy Ort of the Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department says to stay off the roadways if at all possible, but if you must travel, it's best to stick to main roads and interstates. Sally Graham of Entergy Arkansas says the power utitilty has requested an aditional 4,000 personel to aid in power restoration efforts, but they still are estimating it will be up to a week longer for some customers to have power turned back on.