Most Active Stories
- The New Year Brings Changes To KUAR’s Night And Weekend Programming
- SLIDESHOW: Former Cinema 150 Demolished In Little Rock
- Gov. Hutchinson: Keep Private Option Through 2016, Study Alternatives
- Bill Filed In Arkansas To End Dual Observance Of Robert E. Lee & MLK Day
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
Thu December 27, 2012
Hundreds Of Thousands Still Without Power After Christmas Snow
About 130,000 Entergy Arkansas customers still are without power in Central Arkansas with the majority of those in the Little Rock area.
Including Entergy and other power networks in the state, a total of about 200,000 electricity customers still don't have power in the state.
Roads are also an issue. Randy Ort of the Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department says to stay off the roadways if at all possible, but if you must travel, it's best to stick to main roads and interstates. Sally Graham of Entergy Arkansas says the power utitilty has requested an aditional 4,000 personel to aid in power restoration efforts, but they still are estimating it will be up to a week longer for some customers to have power turned back on.