Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Local & Regional News
Mon June 24, 2013
Hung Jury In Case Of Ex-Little Rock Officer
A Pulaski County jury was unable to reach a verdict after 12 hours of deliberations in the manslaughter trial of a former Little Rock police officer.
The trial of former officer Josh Hastings ended Sunday afternoon with no verdict after jurors informed Circuit Judge Wendell Griffen they could not come to a unanimous decision.
Griffen had earlier encouraged the jury to reach a decision - saying the case would have to be decided by a jury eventually.
Hastings shot and killed 15-year-old Bobby Moore III last August while investigating car burglaries at an apartment complex. Hastings says he fired while Moore drove toward him.
Prosecutors said Hastings was reckless when he shot into the car while knowing that other officers were on the way to help.