Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Mon June 24, 2013
Hung Jury In Case Of Ex-Little Rock Officer
A Pulaski County jury was unable to reach a verdict after 12 hours of deliberations in the manslaughter trial of a former Little Rock police officer.
The trial of former officer Josh Hastings ended Sunday afternoon with no verdict after jurors informed Circuit Judge Wendell Griffen they could not come to a unanimous decision.
Griffen had earlier encouraged the jury to reach a decision - saying the case would have to be decided by a jury eventually.
Hastings shot and killed 15-year-old Bobby Moore III last August while investigating car burglaries at an apartment complex. Hastings says he fired while Moore drove toward him.
Prosecutors said Hastings was reckless when he shot into the car while knowing that other officers were on the way to help.