Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
Local & Regional News
Thu July 4, 2013
Hurt Cyclist Dies After Group Hit By Car In Arkansas
Authorities say an 18-year-old Massachusetts woman has died after she was injured when a car struck a group of bicyclists traveling through Arkansas on a cross-country trip.
Merritt Levitan of Milton, Mass., was one of 13 cyclists traveling from Charleston, S.C., to Santa Monica, Calif., as part of a six-week trip organized by a Williamstown, Mass.-based company called Overland.
Overland and Arkansas State Police said Thursday that Levitan died at a hospital in Memphis, Tenn.
It was not immediately clear when she died. Levitan and six others were injured in the crash Tuesday near McCrory, Ark., about 90 miles northeast of Little Rock.
Overland director Jonathan Igoe said two people remained hospitalized in stable condition Thursday.
Prosecutors are considering filing charges against the 21-year-old driver who struck the cyclists.