Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Local & Regional News
Tue August 13, 2013
I-40 Lane To Close In North Little Rock For Work
Arkansas highway officials say that pavement work on Interstate 40 will require crews to close a westbound lane of the highway in North Little Rock.
The work on the westbound outside lane is planned for Wednesday and Thursday at the Young Road Overpass, just east of the Crystal Hill overpass in the western side of the city.
Crews will be making repairs to a site damaged in a March 7 fatal accident in which a tractor-trailer struck the overpass support and caught fire.
The work planned for this week is preliminary and further work to replace the pavement segment will be scheduled in the weeks ahead.
Crews have already repaired the shoulder, bridge and guardrails at the site.