Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Tue August 13, 2013
I-40 Lane To Close In North Little Rock For Work
Arkansas highway officials say that pavement work on Interstate 40 will require crews to close a westbound lane of the highway in North Little Rock.
The work on the westbound outside lane is planned for Wednesday and Thursday at the Young Road Overpass, just east of the Crystal Hill overpass in the western side of the city.
Crews will be making repairs to a site damaged in a March 7 fatal accident in which a tractor-trailer struck the overpass support and caught fire.
The work planned for this week is preliminary and further work to replace the pavement segment will be scheduled in the weeks ahead.
Crews have already repaired the shoulder, bridge and guardrails at the site.