Most Active Stories
- Documentary On Glen Campbell To Get Advance Screening In LR
- Watch Now: Candidates For Statewide Office Appear in Hot Springs
- All Four Gubernatorial Candidates Debate in Hot Springs
- No One Hurt After Shots Fired In Little Rock River Market
- Beebe and Local Officials Point to Progress of Tornado Recovery, Need For Federal Aid
Wed September 18, 2013
'I Killed A Man' Video Confessor Pleads Guilty
Matthew Cordle, the 22-year-old Ohio man whose online video confession to having killed a man while driving drunk went viral earlier this month, formally pleaded guilty Wednesday to aggravated vehicular homicide.
The Associated Press adds that Cordle also pleaded guilty to operating a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol.
As we previously reported, he could be sent to prison for as long as 8 1/2 years.
Last week, Cordle's case was delayed. A judge entered a not guilty plea for him and then sent it to the Franklin (Ohio) County docket system for random assignment to another judge. There was a dispute over whether Cordle's attorneys wanted the original judge to commit to a less than maximum sentence (which the attorneys denied).
Fox News Radio says Cordle will be sentenced on Oct. 10.