Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
Wed November 20, 2013
'I Relied Upon My Faith,' George W. Bush Tells Jay Leno
Originally published on Wed November 20, 2013 9:37 am
Making a relatively rare appearance on national TV, former President George W. Bush told Tonight Show host Jay Leno on Tuesday's show that "I relied upon my faith, my family helped a lot and I had a good team around me" while in the White House.
Bush also repeated some things he's said before — that he doesn't miss being president and that he'll leave it up to history to judge his performance.
The nation's 43rd president also had some funny moments: "You look much more relaxed" now, Leno told him. "No kidding ... duh!" Bush said with a laugh and a comical look on his face.
Since leaving office, Bush has taken up painting. He gave Leno a portrait he's done of the Tonight Show host.