Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Notes On Music
Tue May 28, 2013
In painting, impressionism seeks to blur the scene, creating a somewhat hazy view of the subject.
Reflecting this impressionistic ideal, Debussy brought this concept to his musical compositions as a reaction to emotionally-dramatic music, especially that of Richard Wagner, by using unusual harmonic progressions and vagueness of adherence to only one key-center.
And how lovely it is.