Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
- What Survey Finds About The Economics Of Race In Pulaski County
Notes On Music
Tue May 28, 2013
In painting, impressionism seeks to blur the scene, creating a somewhat hazy view of the subject.
Reflecting this impressionistic ideal, Debussy brought this concept to his musical compositions as a reaction to emotionally-dramatic music, especially that of Richard Wagner, by using unusual harmonic progressions and vagueness of adherence to only one key-center.
And how lovely it is.