Most Active Stories
- Documentary On Glen Campbell To Get Advance Screening In LR
- Watch Now: Candidates For Statewide Office Appear in Hot Springs
- Arkansas Legislature Easily Passes School Employee Health Insurance, Prison, & Lottery Changes
- As Ballot Deadline Nears, Medical Marijuana Comes Up Short, Minimum Wage Says They're Ready
- All Four Gubernatorial Candidates Debate in Hot Springs
Notes On Music
Tue May 28, 2013
In painting, impressionism seeks to blur the scene, creating a somewhat hazy view of the subject.
Reflecting this impressionistic ideal, Debussy brought this concept to his musical compositions as a reaction to emotionally-dramatic music, especially that of Richard Wagner, by using unusual harmonic progressions and vagueness of adherence to only one key-center.
And how lovely it is.