Most Active Stories
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Old State House To Screen "A Face in the Crowd" - 1957 Movie Shot in Piggott, Ark.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Defense To Begin Presenting Its Side In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Notes On Music
Tue May 28, 2013
In painting, impressionism seeks to blur the scene, creating a somewhat hazy view of the subject.
Reflecting this impressionistic ideal, Debussy brought this concept to his musical compositions as a reaction to emotionally-dramatic music, especially that of Richard Wagner, by using unusual harmonic progressions and vagueness of adherence to only one key-center.
And how lovely it is.