Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Thu May 9, 2013
Inman Announces Bid For Arkansas Secretary Of State
A longtime election official from Little Rock says she's seeking the Democratic nomination for Arkansas secretary of state next year.
Susan Inman on Thursday said she's running for the party's nomination to challenge Republican Secretary of State Mark Martin.
Martin was elected in 2010 and has said he's running for a second term.
Inman serves on the state Board of Election Commissioners and the Pulaski County Election Commission.
She is also president of the Arkansas County Election Commissions Association.
Inman is a former elections director for Pulaski County and also ran the state election division under former Secretary of State Sharon Priest.
No other Democrats have announced a bid to challenge Martin.