Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
Notes On Music
Thu April 4, 2013
It Almost Didn't Happen
After the first preview of The Wizard of Oz, studio boss Louis B. Mayer thought one of the songs was so slow that it stopped the film’s movement cold and wanted to cut it. But associate producer Arthur Freed took up the songwriters’ cause and eventually prevailed.
Aren’t you glad he did? The song was Somewhere Over the Rainbow.