Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Notes On Music
Thu April 4, 2013
It Almost Didn't Happen
After the first preview of The Wizard of Oz, studio boss Louis B. Mayer thought one of the songs was so slow that it stopped the film’s movement cold and wanted to cut it. But associate producer Arthur Freed took up the songwriters’ cause and eventually prevailed.
Aren’t you glad he did? The song was Somewhere Over the Rainbow.