Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Notes On Music
Thu April 4, 2013
It Almost Didn't Happen
After the first preview of The Wizard of Oz, studio boss Louis B. Mayer thought one of the songs was so slow that it stopped the film’s movement cold and wanted to cut it. But associate producer Arthur Freed took up the songwriters’ cause and eventually prevailed.
Aren’t you glad he did? The song was Somewhere Over the Rainbow.