Most Active Stories
- Old State House To Screen "A Face in the Crowd" - 1957 Movie Shot in Piggott, Ark.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Defense To Begin Presenting Its Side In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Notes On Music
Thu April 4, 2013
It Almost Didn't Happen
After the first preview of The Wizard of Oz, studio boss Louis B. Mayer thought one of the songs was so slow that it stopped the film’s movement cold and wanted to cut it. But associate producer Arthur Freed took up the songwriters’ cause and eventually prevailed.
Aren’t you glad he did? The song was Somewhere Over the Rainbow.